Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December Deductions 2020; Day 30

 Today's lesson is nearly the last, and I saved this one for now because after all we've been through this month, after dragging yourself through all of those previous posts, it's a lesson that you need to learn, and a lesson that's very hard to learn:


Self-regard; be willing to admit when you do well. 


If you're like me, this will be something you struggle with your entire life, but it's important to try. You are not a universal failure. You are not a mistake. You are not worthless. You are not useless. The way to get around the beliefs and feelings that we are these things is to take the time to focus on what we do right. It's not easy, but it's important enough to do it anyway. 


If you've been following along, or even if you haven't and you're just stopping in to read this one post, you're actively doing more to improve yourself than you otherwise would have. You deserve to feel good about that. 


There are a lot of tools and tricks to help you learn this lesson, but I think I'll just share one of the few that have worked for me. At the end of the day, or whenever you're not feeling good, think back to everything you accomplished, big or small. For today alone, I got out of bed, I heated up something for breakfast, I got myself dressed, I wrote this down, etc. etc. Try to take a moment to think about all the things you accomplished today, and even if only in your own mind, be grateful to yourself for them. You did good, and you can feel good about it. 


Alright, that's it for today. Tomorrow's the last day of the month, and I've got something special planned that I hope you'll enjoy. As I've said before, if you're following along, I'll "see" you in the next post, and otherwise have a great day. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment