Monday, December 21, 2020

December Deductions 2020; Day 21

 Today's another break day. You've earned it, so let's do something fun. You've seen me write essays, obviously, but let's see if I can write something else. I'm going to go grab a few short writing prompts, and just put the results here. If you feel inspired, take some time and try it out yourself. 


Poetry prompt - Vessel: Write about a shit or other vehicle that can take you somewhere different from where you are now. 


There's a van in the wood. 

In the van is a bed. 

By the bed is a shelf

full of books to be read. 


There's a book on the shelf

With red letters on back

Worn and decayed

But I can see "Jack." 


In the book there's a plant

That reaches up in the sky

Above all the clouds

Above birds that fly. 


Jack climbed up the stalk

And came down again

He learned to be good

To family and friends. 


The story ends there.

I close with a sigh,

That excellent novel. 

It took me so high. 


The book's back on the shelf;

The van's still in the wood;

I'm going on home, 

But not quite for good.


Some day I'll be back

To sit back on that bed,

There's another adventure

On which I must head. 



Prose Prompt: Choose an animal and write about it.


There once was a cat named Mars. He knew that was his name, but he didn't know why or how. His people used to when it was time for good things, like food, or treats, or sleep. They sometimes used it when he did something they didn't like, but he knew they didn't hate him. If they hated him they wouldn't keep loving him, and yet every day they call his name, and there's fresh food in his dish, a treat in their hand, and a warm bed to share. "If that's not love," Mars purred to himself, "I don't know what is." 



Paragraph prompt: Write something that begins with the word "hello."


Hello, my name is Mark Scott, and I'm here to tell you about the amazing world of vacuum cleaners! Have you ever noticed that your carpets get dusty, that there are webs in the corners of your ceiling, or that there's just a bunch of dirt in a place you can't quite reach? Well I have the product for you! Take this here vacuum cleaner, attach the hose and nozzle, turn it on and wowee, it'll suck up anything! OK maybe not anything. Maybe just dust and other small things. But still, it's pretty neat, right? No? What do you mean everyone already has one? I'm 50 years too late!? Oh boy, I better go back and tell the boss. Goodbye!



Alright, that's enough creative writing for one day, if you can call that creative. It was fun enough, and I hope you enjoyed reading. As I've said before, if you're still following along I'll "see" you in tomorrow's post, and have a great day! Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment