Thursday, December 10, 2020

December Deductions 2020; Day 10

 Today I'm going to talk about one of the most important parts about learning in general. 


Learn to take a break. 


Seriously, burnout can come in a lot of different forms, but regardless of where it comes from or how it hits, it can basically knock you out. If you've been keeping up just with the stuff I've been posting, you may already be very, very exhausted with all of it. Even when you're having fun learning, it can be very tiring. 


So, do yourself a favor every now and then, and take a break. If you want to read but know it's time for a break, read something about nice, simple things that you can just enjoy. If you want to watch something, every now and then choose something that's just simple fun. Better yet, do so more than every now and then. Rest is good for you. 


To that end, today's post is going to be short, and tomorrow's post is going to be a bit of a break, something fun rather than a lesson on learning. I haven't yet decided the subject, but it's not going to be particularly serious, and I hope you can take the opportunity to just chill out for a couple days, relax, let your mind recuperate from the constant assaults I've been subjecting it to. 


Remember, you're doing a really good job, believe it or not. Even on days where you're having a hard time, changes are you're putting in all the effort, but sometimes things just happen to be really, really hard. A rule of thumb I have learned to love is that for anyone with which you interact, they're probably doing their best, but some days their best doesn't necessarily look that great. Keep that in mind and you'll find it's easier to work with people. But also keep it in mind for yourself; we're all doing our best, but some days our best just doesn't look that great. Doesn't change the fact that we're doing it, and frankly, it's hard enough to do our best as it is without expecting our best to always be amazing every day. Be kind to yourself, and above all, you'll be okay. 


Alright, that's all for today. As I've said before, if you're following along I will "see" you in tomorrow's post, and have a great day. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment