Saturday, December 12, 2020

December Deductions 2020; Day 12

 Alright, today is a pretty commonly known tip, but also one that is really easy to ignore because it's so common: 


Take Notes. 


If you're like me, you'll often have a thought or idea and figure, "no, that's too important, I'll remember it," and five minutes later it disappears. Or worse, only part of it stick around, like a conclusion without knowing how you got there, and therefore no way to convey the idea to someone else or even check to see if you were off base. 


The best thing I can recommend here is your handy-dandy computer that's always in your pocket. If you're on Android, Google Keep is a perfect tool. You can access your keep notes from the app itself, but also from any browser by logging into your Google account, so if you take a note while out and about, you can look at it on your computer when you get home. It has a feature to allow you to turn any note into a checklist very easily, and the checklist feature has been a life saver for me for to-do lists and shopping lists. The app is also available for Apple devices, but I don't know if it has all the same features; I haven't had an iPhone or any other iOS device since 2010. 


That being said, any method that works for you is good. If you prefer to keep a pad of sticky notes with a nib of a pencil in your pocket and just whip it out when you need to, then do it. If you prefer to use a voice recorder instead of writing, do it. If you think in pictures so you prefer to doodle or use the camera on your phone, do it. They key here is to allow you to access and assess your thoughts later on. 


That's all. As time goes on a lot of these tips and tricks are going to be shorter or just really specific, because large, general concepts are few and far between. 


As I've said before, if you're following along I'll "see" you in the next post, and have a great day. Goodbye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment